market melodies

June 20, 2012


I've been sharing my Urban Market finds and the local
farmers/vendors who make the whole thing possible
and thought it would be appropriate to share my video too.
I've been spending the last few weeks
 taking a time based media class for the 
first semester of summer session- the last day of class
is Friday and as I've been working on another project
I tried my best to perfect this one so I could share.
The project was to be based on sound and was limited
to document a specific place we chose. 
With permission and support from the 
South Elm Urban Market, I had the perfect place to use!
It took about three Sunday's of footage and
three weeks of clipping, editing and perfecting
this three minute video and I am so proud of it,
considering this is the first time I've ever done
anything with time based media.
I used Final Cut Pro, After Effects and Photoshop.
I would love to hear what you think-
please don't hesitate to critique.


the first half is sound based on the band 
The Grand Ole Uproar's song "Black Coffee"
coupled with video I shot of local farmers and vendors.
the second half of the video where the music tapers off
is based solely on the sounds I heard walking through the market-
you'll hear a lot of talking, wind blowing through tree's
and through local metal cast art and of course laughter.
enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. At your suggestion I have set up a blog for Congolina Farms: http://congolina.wordpress.com

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome! Thanks, I will post it up! :)

    ReplyDelete