so long two thousand eleven.

December 31, 2011



I don't think I am the only one who is blown 
away with how fast 2011 went by. 
Where in the world does time go?
 I know that if I didn't have my munchkins to run after all day long
 and semesters that take what seem like chunks out of the year
 well, I wouldn't have a life -therefore I would be wasted. 
time would go by slowly.
the days now start with my munchkins waking me up 
 and quickly it is dark and time for bed. 
 just like that
 and it seems as fast as the days go
 well the months are steadily following
 one after the other until 
BAM
 it's a new year!

 I can't help but think ahead of time-
 what will the world be like in twenty years?
 that's right
 2032.
 does that not sound weird to you?
 it sounds weird to say, 2032.
 I can't even imagine sitting here at my computer in twenty years
 I'll be forty-four (my mothers age now)
 and writing to you about my nonsense
 but more so it will be a reflection of how much my life has changed. 
 It just blows my mind. 
  
 In twenty years, Adriana will be twenty-five
Ryland will be twenty-three.
 oh my god.


 I'm freaking myself out. 
 I need to stop. 

 I am really excited about this new year. 
 I have some really great news that I can't quite share yet
 until I get the go ahead for it- but I promise
 it's worth it and I get to share it all with you!!
 literally, share with each and every one of you. 
 which is a big thing for me.

 I will try to blog more
 I won't promise, but I am making it a true effort. 
 I just don't know how much of the new Spring semester will 
 expect of me and with the kids, well you already know!

 So this will be my final post of 2011. 
 I am happy to have met so many of you
 and lucky to have made some life long friends to share the years to come. 


 my new years resolution, you ask?
 I want to better myself.
 I don't always take care of me
 and worry about everything else
 and I have let myself slip.

so this new year, 2012
 I will lose the weight I want to lose.
 I will start some sort of meditation.
I will make more of the art I love to do. 
 I will read the books I've put on hold. 
 I will be the best darn mother I know how to be.
 I will have rough days. 
 I will have better days. 
 I will learn to play more songs on my uke &share.
I will do one thing for myself each month &share.
&most importantly I will take care of me.

I'll see you in 2012.
happy new year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Tia!!!

    I am SO looking forward to your wonderful surprise and cannot wait to hear what it might be...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thank you love, I can't wait to share!

    ReplyDelete
  3. and happy new year to you and your family too <3

    ReplyDelete